- About Behind the Badge Foundation
- Roll Call of Honor
- Resources & Support for Families
- Washington State Law Enforcement Memorial
You are here
Support for Families and LE Agencies
Behind the Badge Foundation helps families and agencies cope with trauma, grief and loss after a line of duty death or serious injury by connecting you with experts in their field. Resource experts have an understanding of the law enforcement culture, recognizing the unique dynamics experienced by law enforcement families.
For more information or for help with the following, please call 425-747-7523:
• Financial Planning
• Legal counsel
• Injured Officer Needs
• Memorial Planning
Behind the Badge Foundation's Line of Duty Death Response Team (LODDRT) is sanctioned by the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs (WASPC). The LODDRT is a support to affected law enforcement agencies upon the death of one of their own. The team serves at the discretion of the agency. The LODDRT members are experts in their field. The team has no agenda for itself. All team members are certified under the Incident Command System (ICS).
The LODDRT brings the affected agency information on:
• Ceremonial honors due
• Family support
• Benefit coordination for the family
• Behind the Badge Foundation financial resources to defray the cost of the memorial ceremony
• Peace of mind – over 15 years of experience in responding to line of duty deaths
The LODDRT responds at no cost to the affected agency.